""I can't go out like this... I'm the daughter of Mr. Satan!"
|Alternate names||Videl Satan|
Great Saiyaman 2
Great Saiyaman Mark II
Mr. Satan's daughter
Daddy's Little Girl
|Debut||Manga: "The Successor"|
Anime: "Faith in a Boy"
"Gohan Goes to High School"
|Date of birth||July 14, Age 757|
|Date of death||May 8, Age 774 (revived)|
Before Age 889
|Height||5'2" (157 cm) "adult"|
|Weight||103 lbs (47 Kg) "adult"|
|Address||Satan House (Formerly)|
|Occupation||High school student|
|Allegiance||Z Fighters (Supporter)|
Videl is a fair-skinned (pale skin color in the anime series) young child and young woman of a slim figure build and below average height with a slender frame yet athletic physique. She has blue eyes and straight black hair with side bangs and short strands over her forehead. Over the course of the series, Videl has had five different hairstyles: she originally had low pigtails reaching past her shoulder, while learning to fly from Gohan. At the end of Dragon Ball Z, her hair is flat with cropped spiky style bangs and the sides reaching down to her style of a bob cut reaching her cheeks and has bangs to frame her face. In Dragon Ball Super, her hair reached down to her shoulders with bang front and red headband. In Dragon Ball GT, Videl's hair grows long, reaching her lower back and done in a braided ponytail with a few strands hanging over her forehead and ears.
In her first appearances, Videl usually wears a long white shirt that went past her waist with tight black spandex compression shorts that reach her upper thighs, black gloves, green shoes, and gold hair clips for her pigtails. After she learned how to fly, she wears a white sleeveless loose shirt, a pink T-shirt, black spandex short shorts, black gloves, and yellow boots. In the beginning in both Gather for the Tournament episode and Broly - Second Coming, she retains this outfit only her black spandex short shorts are replaced with a black capris.
After Videl was healed with a Senzu Bean—and for the majority of the Buu Saga—she wears white pants, a blue and orange "FIGHT" T-shirt with an orange long-sleeved shirt underneath (white in the original manga), orange shoes and retains her short hair. During Broly - Second Coming, she wears a bright maroon dress with a green cloth wrapping around the waist, with a large hat and grey stockings. In Fusion Reborn, she wears clothes similar to her Buu Saga outfit only with alternate colors. In Wrath of the Dragon, she wears a yellow long-sleeved shirt and a white mini skirt that reached her upper thighs. The final attire she ever wore as a teen, before the 28th World Tournament, was a blue dress with a pink vest, blue thigh-high stockings, and pink loafers. She also wore this during the dance party that Bulma hosted to celebrate Majin Buu's defeat. At the end of the series, she wears a red dress and a red mini skirt with her hair grown back.
Between the end of Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball GT, Videl's hair grows back to its length, reaching her hips and is done up in a long braid.
In Dragon Ball Super, Videl is first seen with her current chin-length hair and has had it ever since. She originally sported a pink sweater-dress that reached her upper thighs, with a red stripe around the chest area, along with black tights and bright pink shoes with darker pink soles. For Bulma's party throughout the God of Destruction Beerus Saga, she changed her style to a red dress with a devil face mark on the chest, black leggings, and white boots. There is one scene in an episode of Dragon Ball Superwhere Videl isn't wearing her leggings. This is most likely because of an animation error. For the Golden Frieza Saga, she sports a plain red dress with her normal current hairstyle, black tights and white high heel shoes. Her design changed drastically from a teenage tomboy style to a typical house-wife style, indicating how much Videl has mellowed out to becoming a more domestic character.
In Dragon Ball GT, Videl wears an outfit similar to Android 18's first outfit; a light blue denim jacket and skirt with a yellow short sleeve undershirt, dark gray leggings with white folded sleeves at the edge, brown belt and her yellow boots from her second outfit. In the Shadow Dragon saga, her short sleeve undershirt from her main outfit is pink.
Videl looks nothing like her father, which means she must have looked a lot like her mother. Her child outfit attire is the purple long-sleeved shirt, the teddy face on the front, grey shorts, purple shoes, and purple bows tied in pigtails. In her preteen years of 10 years old and later she's turned 11 years old on her birthday three months later after the Cell Games, she's a little bit short height and has a small body than Gohan. On her 11th birthday party, later she's wore change into the white t-shirt, long-sleeve purple shirt underneath, black capris, pink bows, and yellow shoes. She wears a white shirt with tight black spandex compression shorts that reach her upper thighs, black gloves, green shoes, and gold hair clips that she's sneak up to see Gohan fight Cell in the Cell Games to hide behind the rocks with her listening device without Cell noticed her in her hiding spot.
The gold hair pieces that Videl wears in her pigtails (Majin Buu Saga) actually belonged to her late mother, Miguel. As a young child, Videl was always fascinated by these gold hair pieces because to her they were beautiful, and she would always try to put them on to play pretend from her birthday. After Miguel passed away, it was revealed that Miguel wrapped them in a small gift-box and her father was going to give them to Videl personally as a gift from her mother by remembering her.
Videl had found her mother’s hair pieces again from her birthday seven years ago, while cleaning out the house. Because she had long hair at the time, She wore them in pigtails as a tribute to her mother. This shocked Hercule as his daughter now really resembled her mother a lot more.
Videl's character design is purportedly based off of "Fasha" (Vasha/Seripa), a female Saiyan from the Bardock special. The child and preteen version of herself in the anime series during the Cell Saga that she's did appears. At the end of Dragon Ball Z, her attitude was much more leveled off; her temperament from earlier episodes softened considerably.
Videl is a tough, tomboyish character, raised with fame all around her. She's feisty and stubborn, much like Chi Chi. After blackmailing Gohan to enter the tournament and teach her the levitation technique (using ki energy to fly), she gradually starts to fall in love with him, for his kind and honest heart. She later becomes the wife of Gohan and mother of Pan.
Notably, Videl's facial features have changed as her personality changed, becoming less harsh, and more soft, kind and gentle like her mother, Miguel to her daughter as a mother.
She was a young child as a preteen the same age as Gohan at the young age. Due to the fact that she was meek, soft and a sweet child to meeting Gohan as they were children at the Cell Games for the first time during on the Cell Games Saga of the Cell Saga before the Majin Buu Saga begins. But she had been hurt and insulated by Cell called her a "Poor Orphan" in front of her father, his students, announcer, camera crew and Z Fighters.
She felt too scared of Perfect Cell, because he's the pure evil, cold-hearted, ruthless villain to terrorize the world and destroy the entire Universe like Frieza did and pick to realize Cell was Android created by Dr. Gero. By listening to Gohan's background story, he's just like her as she have the same background as his and seeing Cell's true evil nature. Videl got scared of Cell, thinking he is going to kill her with Frieza's Death Beam technique in front of Gohan with tears and fears after witness Cell killed Android 16 by crushed his head and saw Gohan's hidden powers that he going to Super Saiyan 2.
Gohan refused to let them insult her and her father with mean nicknames and came to her defense from Cell and the Cell Juniors, who tried to kill them and also he's saved her life to the point that he felt similar to her since he's having a relationship with his mother overprotecting him, and the loss of his father twice. Videl on the other hand was getting too uncomfortable with her father's overprotective nature of her from teenage boys too much after her mother died after she was born. While Gohan was unaware about the young Satan girl's feelings towards him until they're become friends again in seven years later. She's adopted Gohan's nature of not giving up.
Videl sharing her frustrations over her father's arrogance and overprotective nature of her and brother in their childhood and death of their mother story to Gohan, Gohan's mother, Chi-Chi; who's overprotective nature in his childhood won't let him train with his father martial arts and makes him study that she's felt similar personalities and background with Gohan. She's finally admitted that she's falling in love with Gohan, see Gohan as a shy and strong person where he's turned Super Saiyan 2 at 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, wanted to fight crime in Satan City with him as superheroes, spend her time with him and she's truly caring for him. Then she's unaware that realizing that he's related to and just like her which she's understanding that she feels what she has the same past as Gohan, her mother died when she was a baby and not strong enough as her father.
She also learns truth about that Gohan is truly defeated Cell from seven years ago before Trunks and Goten were born, not her father and he was speaking the truth about Cell's true evil nature. She somehow knew her father was lying about defeating Perfect Cell and took the credit.
She is certainly one of the strongest fighters outside Son Goku's circle and friends. She will slowly fall in love with Son Gohan, even more when she learns that he is the real savior who eliminated Cell, save her life and whole world.
Videl enjoys Caesar salad and Okonomiyaki, a type of Japanese pancake. She is left handed, as seen when she pitches a baseball, and writes with her left hand. However in Take Flight Videl, and in manga chapter 428, she holds chopsticks while eating rice with her right hand, so it seems she's ambidextrous.
Videl was born in July 14 of Age 757. Videl grew up learning martial arts, hoping to be as great as her father, when in fact, unknown to herself, she was already better and stronger than him. On May 7 of Age 767, when she was turned 11 from her birthday (three months after the Cell Games), Videl won in the Junior Division of the 24th World Martial Arts Tournament. Her mother left Mr. Satan and their daughter Videl at one point, leaving only the two of them in their family. But they have got loads of servants and lived at a new mansion. Her father is very protective of her, especially in respect to boys, only allowing her to have a boyfriend if he was stronger than him, which Videl thought was impossible (until Gohan came along as he's now a 17-year-old high school teenager after Cell died 7 years ago and meets his family and friends in Majin Buu Saga) and she misses her mother, who's died and passed away at the disease since she was still a baby and raised by her father in her whole life until she reach her teen years.
Dragon Ball Z Edit
Cell Saga EditMain articles: Cell Games Saga
"Please, Daddy! Can I go to see your fight with Cell at the Cell Games Tournament for real this time?!"
Videl Satan had secretly taken of her father's jet helicopter, seeing Cell standing on the ring to ready fight and successfully manages to land it just outside of the Cell Games by behind the rock mountains nearby the ring. She processed on foot to where the match, Videl slipped out of jet helicopter and quickly ran to a good hiding place behind some nearby rocks and mountains before anybody could see her. Fortunately for Videl, the announcer and his cameraman on a nearby ridge rocks were too busy focusing on her father and his students on the T.V. around the world, so they didn't notice or see her in her hiding spot.Meanwhile, using a listening device to heard about everything to say and learn is what's happening at the ring that she always carried with her to quickly get in the first place on any secret and pocket binoculars from her backpack, Videl Satan overheard every syllable and observed every action while hiding behind some rocks. Videl just slapped one of her hands onto her forehead and sighted in embarrassment at some of her father's students with their attacks ineffective end at their defeated so quickly by Cell and she turn red in her face with fully embarrassment.
"Way to make yourself defeated by look real smart thinking, daddy."
"That's boy looks about my age. He can't really be thinking of fighting Perfect Cell is he? He seems very cute through, for a boy. Wait minute?! What am I thinking?! I'm Videl Satan! I'm not suppose to like boys! Stupid, sometimes my sweet and gentle side of myself get the better of me."
As the battle between Goku and Cell power up and fight continued to intensify, the more and more techniques and abilities of others, Videl became convinced that is what she was witnessing wasn't an optical illusions or tricks as her father was so vehemently claiming. The force of the blast damaged Videl's listening device, so now she would have to get closer in order to hear any of the Z Fighters conversations. Videl needed to get closer so that, whenever there was a lull in the fighting, Videl would sneak up to a much closer vantage point. She was about 70 yards off when Goku finally gave up and choose his son, Gohan to fight Perfect Cell. Videl couldn't believe what she was seeing, the young boy named Gohan (Videl had overheard Z Fighters heard them refer to him by his name with his father) was actually fighting Cell and holding his own. She could tell by the way that he was dodging and he was somehow holding back.
Unfortunately for Videl, one of Cell's blast attacks that Gohan dodged hit too close to her position and shockwave fried her listening device. Now Videl had to get even closer to the action if she was to hear anything, seeing Gohan surprisingly survived, that she's being said to listen Gohan's story to Cell about his past: that once he becomes enraged, his hidden power is unleashed, referring to when he was attacking Raditz, training with Piccolo, and fighting the Ginyu Force and Frieza, and then she's amazingly realizing that he's related to and just like her which she's now understanding that she feels what she has the same past as Gohan, her beloved mother died when she was a baby and not strong enough as her father, felt horrified what Cell plans to see Gohan's hidden powers for himself and see Cell crushing Gohan's head to force him to get mad to wake his hidden powers. She's secretly watch Gohan power up, kick Cell in the lip with breed, she's wanted to be like Gohan one day and dodge all of Cell using Frieza's Death Beams.
When Gohan was being viciously bear hugged by Cell, Videl frightened and scared managed to get behind some rocks where two fighters were. Videl winced as she heard the boy's screams, it's just hurt to listen, he's dropped Gohan laying on the ground, witness Cell flying towards Z Fighters on the cliff, and he's stealing the Senzu Beans from Krillin. When things start to get dangerous, Android 16 sneaks up behind Perfect Cell and gives him a bear hug, attempting to self-destruct and take the monster with him. However, Krillin reveals to Android 16 that Bulma and her father removed the self-destruct bomb, allowing Perfect Cell to break free and blast Android 16 to bits, much to the horror of the Z Fighters. However, the android's head is left still intact and rolls over to Mr. Satan and his gang, who were hiding and watching the fight. As she's watching between Gohan, and Z Fighters, and Cell throughout the battlefield, and felt horrific on the death of Android 16 by Perfect Cell.
Perfect Cell then creates seven Cell Juniors and has them in order to attack Z Fighters. Gohan watches in horror and becomes angry as his friends and father are mercilessly beaten by the Cell Juniors. Videl carefully quiet to get around the rock, but a rock fall off of the cliff behind her head, Cell heard the noise draw the attention at Gohan, and Videl gets her head down below the nearby rocks behind Gohan is. Cell noticed a glimpse of a little head with pale skin color, blue eyes and black hair in pigtails, in fact, she was Mr. Satan's daughter that quickly away hid in the rocks behind Gohan a whole time.
Cell smirked laugh before he's seen Videl in her hiding spot, "Now who do we have here?" Cell walking over to Videl's hiding spot behind Gohan for spies on them in a whole time and destroy her jet helicopter with his powerful blast into a many pieces near the mountains to prevent her escape from him. Cell grabbed the hiding Videl by the back of her white shirt and then he retracted his arm while still holding her out of her hiding spot.Videl continued to kicks and punches Cell's arm to no effects while she screamed constantly for him to let her go with tears. Gohan was seriously shocked by this girl's sudden appearance in his eyes as a most beautiful 10-years-old girl.
"Let me go! Let me go! Please, let me go!"
"Wait! Don't do it! Cell! She's just a innocent girl, she's got nothing to do with all this! — Gohan screamed and begged Cell to not hurt Videl.
"Yes Gohan, just another so-called a innocent girl. But if her death is what sets you off, she's the one who's sneaking around here for the first place and distracted me from unleashing your hidden powers for a real threats expect it's won't next time. After all, she's Mr. Satan's daughter, it's a shame that'll I'm going to kill her for real, and then you can just blame yourself for being so stubborn from the beginning! — Cell threats to hurt Videl for real to see Gohan's hidden powers.
Videl stopped flailing around after she heard what Cell was planning to do. Videl was now scared and paralysed with fear as as she's knew now what was coming and so tears started welling up in her eyes filled with fear.
Videl finally understands the truth about Cell was very cold-hearted, cruel, ruthless, and pure evil villain like Frieza who's terrorized the whole world and destroy the entire Universe, she's fears that she begins to felt realized that Cell's true evil nature, when she will get her turn, and ended up just like Krillin on the ground beaten by Cell Juniors. Gohan couldn't look as Cell hold the captive Videl thrust in his arm for fatal shot, but he was stopped midway by an unexpected arrival. The disembodied head of Android 16 rolled around to where his face at Gohan. He had been thrown by Hercule Satan who shut his eyes, cowardly took cover behind some rocks having not to noticed see his daughter being captive held in Cell's arms because he was so scared to help her.
Cell threw her to the ground in between Gohan and the head before walking to selfless Android. "Uug....This sentimental downpour is killing me. It's so nice help 16, but I plan doing this my way." — Cell crushed the peaceful Android's face. "Nobody asked you, you factory reject.", said Cell, mocking the peaceful Android's brave sacrifice. Cell turns around looking at her and pointed his finger at Videl as he's preparing to kill her with Frieza's Death Beam attack in front of Gohan. "You're next! Little Girl!" — Cell with an evil smirk on his face and evil laughter. It was sent beyond the breaking point by Cell threatening an innocent girl in front of him, Cell Juniors hurt everyone and Android 16's traffic death. Then, Videl looked up at savior with a look of awe as tears from her eyes were swept away by the high winds and Gohan transforms Super Saiyan 2 for the first time in front of her, Z Fighters, Cell and then Cell Jr grabbed her behind drag away next to the another Cell Junior with Krillin, Gohan take Senzu Beans from Cell, he's moves so fast that it appears that he has teleported to where Krillin and Videl is both held captive by two of the Cell Jrs., something that Future Trunks realizes about Gohan increasing his strength and power without losing speed. Gohan killed two Cell Juniors with powerful two blasts.
Gohan rescues Krillin and Videl, Gohan took her to her father to stay from the fighting, Cell order his Cell Juniors to kill Videl and her father, Gohan protect them by risking his life to save them, and kills another of the Cell Jrs. Seeing this new incredible power that Goku spoke of earlier, Perfect Cell orders all of the Cell Jrs to take on Gohan all at once; however, Gohan easily kills all of Cell Jrs. Without mercy, much to the amazement and shock of everyone, including Perfect Cell. After Gohan gives the stolen Senzu Beans to Future Trunks to heal the Z Fighters, he proceeds to challenge Perfect Cell. Videl ran into the mountain to hide from Cell and watch them fighting each other. Meanwhile, Videl stood around and witnessed the whole battle of the fate on the world.
When the boy's father, Goku vanished with Cell by using Instant Transmission technique to King Kai's planet where he's died and saw Gohan's tears on the ground to tries call his father. Videl merely stood there in the middle of the wasteland battlefield with tears down her cheeks as she cried out for Gohan's loss. Videl began slowly walking towards Gohan, she's wanted to comfort him so bad, but it's was prevented when she saw one of his friends doing that already. Videl tries to comfort him in her arms with tears on the ground, confessed her loss mother, and tries to gain his confidence back to average his father's death by killing Cell.
Back on Earth, Gohan and the other Z Fighters mourn Goku's noble sacrifice. Realizing how cocky and arrogant he was, Gohan cries and blames himself for his father's death while Krillin and Videl tries to comfort him in her arms with tears together and confessed her nice to him by gaining his confidence back to average his father's death and defeat Cell.
However, unknown to the Z Fighters, Cell survives the explosion, regenerating from a lone cell in his core. Doing this effectively raised his power higher due to the Saiyan genes he absorbed from Goku and Vegeta, and he also learned Goku's Instant Transmission technique, which he used to head back to Earth. As his first act of return, Super Perfect Cell kills Future Trunks with one blast in front of the shocked Z Fighters and destroy the entire Universe. Gohan was in fact pleased to see Super Perfect Cell had returned, hoping to defeat the android so he could avenge his father and protect her from him when she's get behind him. Enraged by his son's death, Vegeta in a fit of fury and rage, transformed into to a Super Saiyan and attacked Super Perfect Cell with a powerful barrage of energy blasts.
However, as the dust clears, Super Perfect Cell emerges from the blast, unharmed, and smacks Vegeta aside to the ground and fires a powerful blast at the Saiyan prince. Gohan jumps in front of the unconscious Vegeta and takes the full-force of Super Perfect Cell's attack, costing him the use of his left arm and most of his power drained.
Gohan proceeded to wimpingly walk towards Super Perfect Cell with his injured arm after saving the unconscious Vegeta from Cell's blast, when Cell said, "Coward. Maybe if I will kill your sweet Videl! If I am going to die, then I am going to take your loving girlfriend with me!" Before Gohan could do anything to him, Cell grabbed the sweet Videl and restrained her in his grips, she's screams said, "Let me go!", and said to Gohan, "Well, aren't you gonna do anything or should I kill her? Maybe I'll eat her in front of you and her father...She smells delicious." Cell said Gohan he's sniffing Videl.Gohan disappears and appears behind Super Perfect Cell, he's kicks Cell in the face, in time he need to rescue Videl from Super Perfect Cell. Gohan ran away to the other side of the platform, holding Videl in one arm, flying away from him, and tell her run to her father and others to hide behind the rocks.
"Yes, by a boy is Gohan...Loser!"
"Uh? Are you okay?"
In three months later, it was that Videl made her move to seeing the view of the distance and Future Trunks and others see the spirit of Goku in the sky. She had hidden among the rockets waiting for the boy who beat Cell to show again, so she could get some answers about what happened. But she watched the boy grieve, all she could do simpathy for him.
Memories of her own mother died at childhood 10 years ago on the day of her birth, feeling that she's misses her beloved mother so much, followed her mind and all she wanted to do was to comfort him in his time of need. Videl began to slowly walk to where Gohan was crying after Future Trunks went left back to his timeline.
It wasn't until she was a few feet away from him since the Cell Games as did Gohan finally notice her. He looked up at Videl with eyes full of tears, he saw that her beautiful blue eyes were glittering with sympathy and care. Gohan didn't know who was she or why she might be there, all he saw a person's shoulder to cry on. Gohan lunged at her and hugged her while he cried on her shoulder. Videl was surprised and stunned at this action at first, but she soon found herself patting him on the back to comfort him.
After a half-hour of crying and comforting, Gohan finally let go and regained his compsure. "Thanks for the shoulder and comfort to gain my confidence back."— Gohan jokingly meet Videl for comfort him after the Cell Games.
"You're welcome, you looked like you needed it. I know what it's to lost a love one like I do. Plus I wanted to thank you for saving me and my father."
"Hey! You're that a beautiful girl from the Cell Games, aren't you?"— Gohan exclaimed in recognition of a young girl in her appearance and face.
"That's right, but I guess its time for proper introductions. My name is Videl...Videl Satan."
— Gohan said with a bow and a kind smile and take Videl to flight.Videl took Gohan's hand to lift into the sky circle around that she's wanted to be a superhero like him, hold on him and learn to fly in one day.
"I know your name already, Gohan. I overheard some of your friends refer to you by name and I am sorry about her father's blessed sacrifice for saving you from Cell."
Gohan talk to her about his mother is overprotective nature of him to makes him study to not let him train martial arts with his father, he was chosen by his father to fighting Cell, because he was stood up for them from getting hurt, he's ended up saving her and her father's lives from Perfect Cell and Cell Juniors at the Cell Games Tournament days ago, when he were younger to start adventures, save the world and universe from Frieza, he's going to be a big brother of Goten, and to never give up.
Gohan waved goodbye as he flew off in midair while Videl signaled for a transport to come pick her up. As both of them headed to their respective homes, they each felt better knowing that made a new friend out of the beginning beautiful friendship. Videl secretly falling in love with Gohan for the first time until she will see him again seven years later as high school teenagers begin on the Majin Buu Saga.
Majin Buu Saga Edit
Main articles: Great Saiyaman Saga, World Tournament Saga, Babidi Saga, Fusion Saga, and Kid Buu Saga
In her spare time, Videl helps the police and fights crime in Satan City. She becomes suspicious of Gohan after meeting him on his first day at Orange Star High School, and she even follows him for a brief time to learn more about him by remembering him from the Cell Games seven years ago. Videl eventually discovers Gohan’s secret identity as the Great Saiyaman: in the manga, she very easily tricks Gohan into revealing his identity after stopping some thugs (she asks the Great Saiyaman how he left class, and he answers her, revealing that he is actually Gohan). In the anime, she discovers that Gohan is the Great Saiyaman after she and Gohan are involved in an attempt to return Chobi, a baby pteranodon, to its rightful parents. In both cases, she deduces that Gohan is the son of the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament winner, Goku, based on them carrying the same family name, and gets Gohan to participate in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament and teach her how to fly using a blackmail-type of threat. In a matter of days, Videl learns how to fly, and starts to develop a liking for Gohan. She even cuts her hair one day after he had suggested it (though she initially thought he just liked girls with short hair, he explained that long hair will only get in the way during a fight). There is an awkward moment when Chi-Chi asks Gohan whether he is going to marry Videl, which embarrasses him. As she becomes a great flyer, Gohan begins to think that Videl is really something special. Despite the relentless teasing from friends (such as Krillin), Videl and Gohan develop a sweet kind of relationship.Videl becomes very strong for a human, and enters the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. When Videl firsts meets Goku and the other Z Fighters, Gohan explains that his father is dead as he has a halo above his head. This is one of many supernatural things in the Dragon Ball universe that astonish more ordinary humans like Videl, but are second nature to the Z Fighters. After waiting with Gohan for the Punching Machine (destroyed by Vegeta) to be replaced, Videl and the other high-scoring fighters draw their numbers for the first round. Videl goes up against Spopovich. Videl quickly gains the upper hand, even breaking Spopovich's neck, though he repairs it, shocking Videl and everyone else watching the match. Soon, the tables turn against her as Spopovich keeps getting back up after her attacks, without any visible damage.
"Doesn't he know when to give up?"
She steps back to the arena to watch Gohan's match, and is surprised to see he is indeed the "Gold Fighter" she suspected him to be. When Gohan is in mortal danger from a ki drain from Yamu and Spopovich, she tries to save him, but is stopped only by being physically restrained by Goku. Upon Kibito healing and offering Gohan an explanation, Videl asks Gohan to let her go along, wanting to know what exactly is going on. She readily believes Gohan after he confesses he was both the mysterious Gold Fighter, Great Saiyaman and also the golden-haired boy at the Cell Games seven years ago. Having suspected that her father was not telling the truth, she comes to the correct conclusion that it was Gohan who beat Cell in the Cell Games. She initially wants to come and help with the fight against Babidi's forces, but is requested by Gohan to go back and tell everyone else the situation. She agrees to leave, then looks back and says "You better come back, cause I'm not finished with you yet, Gohan"(In Kai, she says that she'll miss him). She meets Goten and Trunks on her way to the World Tournament Arena, and accidentally fuels them with adrenaline by telling them the story of Majin Buu, prompting the two to head for the battlefield.
Videl goes with the rest of the group to look for the Dragon Balls. She later takes refuge with the group on Kami's lookout, where she hears about Gohan's supposed death at the hands of Majin Buu. She breaks down crying and confesses her love for him. While everyone presumes Gohan dead, she's the only one who is convinced that he still lives, somehow sensing that fact this is actually true, Gohan is in the Sacred World of the Kais training hard with Kibito and Supreme Kai. A day later, Super Buu attacks Kami's Lookout looking for the fighter Goku promised him. Piccolo manages to persuade him to wait by telling him that Videl is Mr. Satan's daughter, later explaining to Videl that Mr. Satan nearly succeeded in convincing Buu to change his ways. Ultimately, when Gotenks fails to stop Buu, she, along with everyone else at the lookout, is turned into chocolate and eaten.
In an anime-exclusive filler only, she ends up in heaven and searches for Gohan, along with Dabura, Chi-Chi and Bulma, but they cannot find him. However, even though she is dead, Videl is convinced that Gohan is still alive. This commitment to Gohan convinces the once evil Dabura that he is in the presence of true love, a feeling he never knew before, which embarrasses Videl since Chi-Chi is present. She does not know that Gohan passes away when Kid Buu annihilates Earth. After both she and Gohan come back to life and they meet again, Videl is happy at seeing 'the idiot' again saying that she has been worried sick about him. Later, she becomes Gohan's partner in fighting crime as the Great Saiyaman II (alternately known as Saiyawoman or Saiyagirl), sporting a similar outfit and participating in the same poses she earlier found ridiculous.
Peaceful World Saga Edit
Main article: Peaceful World Saga
During the ten years after Majin Buu's defeat, Videl eventually married Gohan, giving birth to a daughter named Pan. She attends the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament to cheer on her family at the end of the Dragon Ball Z series.
Dragon Ball GT Edit
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga Edit
Main article: Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Five years later in Dragon Ball GT, Videl helps prepare the spaceship for Goku, Trunks and Goten so they can search for the Black Star Dragon Balls throughout the galaxy.
Baby Saga Edit
Main article: Baby SagaIn the Baby Saga, Videl and her husband get possessed by Baby. On New Planet Plant, when Videl notices that Pan is helping others to become normal, she kicks her out of the air demanding that she stops with such actions and to become one of Baby's underlings. Videl and Gohan almost kill their own daughter, since Baby ordered them to, but Uub intercepts and saves Pan. Later, Videl is cured with the Sacred Water.
Super 17 Saga Edit
Main article: Super 17 Saga
One year later, during the 31st World Tournament, she observes with her husband Gohan as Pan and Goku compete.
During the battle against Super 17, she wants to fight along with the Z Fighters (wearing her Great Saiyawoman outfit no less); however, by the time she gets there, Goku and Android 18 have done the job already.
Shadow Dragon Saga Edit
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga
With her family and friends, Videl witnesses Black Smoke Shenron emerging from the Dragon Balls and she much afterwards learns of the overusage of the Dragon Balls. She remains at Capsule Corporation while Goku, Pan and Giru fight against the seven evil Shadow Dragons. She then returns to her home with her husband Gohan, and later joins her family and friends as they face the final Shadow Dragon, Syn Shenron. In the end, she has no fights against the Shadow Dragons. After the defeat of all the Shadow Dragons, she lives in peace with Gohan and Pan at Mount Paozu. By the end of the series, she has likely died of old age as her daughter Pan, who is shown to have a grandson, is the last surviving Z Fighter 100 years later.
Film appearances Edit
Broly - Second Coming EditMain article: Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming
"What are you doing? There are defenseless people down there!"
The next day, Videl is awakened by loud noises and rushes to the seaside spot. There, she finds Broly, who has come to the village seeking revenge against Goku. She gives a lone fight as Goten and Trunks are fast asleep, but is easily defeated by the Super Saiyan. She is left unconscious in the reservoir, half drowned. Later, when she gains consciousness, she finds Gohan fighting with Broly, and the former asks her to stay clear as there is a lot of danger around and is pleased that she is fine. When Broly delivers a huge blast, all the fighters become unconscious except Gohan. When Videl gains her consciousness, she throws the piece of crystal that she collected towards Legendary Super SaiyanBroly in an effort to distract him and let Gohan gain an upper hand. However, the effort from throwing the crystal saps her of her reserve energy and she loses consciousness afterwards. She then meets Gohan at the end, complaining why he had not helped her when she was drowning, which starts a petty telling off at Gohan, concluding the story with Trunks' sentence "This is the way they communicate."
Fusion Reborn Edit
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
Videl appears in Fusion Reborn, initially, at Gohan's home, helping Chi-Chi with the dishes, when she is called by the police to help them clean the mess in the city. They go to the city to witness that they are being encroached by the living dead. Goten and Trunks collect the Dragon Balls in the meantime and a wish is made to Shenron to restore natural order, which is not granted. Gohan and Videl together as a team keep the people safe from the zombies, while Goten and Trunks team up to defeat The Dictator. Videl and Gohan, after finishing their assignment, go to some unknown place. Later, they are shown in the end, when the half-Saiyan duo tells them that they have been spying on them all the time, and they saw Gohan and Videl kissing each other. Gohan and Videl are both shocked and embarrassed to know this and Gohan pleads not to tell this to his mom, giving a humorous ending to the movie (this ending is exclusive to the FUNimation dub).
Wrath of the Dragon Edit
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon
Videl and Gohan simultaneously enter the class after thrashing some goons in the city, when Videl gets a call from the police that a man (Hoi) was threatening to jump. Gohan and Videl immediately go to rescue the man, who is very arrogant, and jumps when Videl loses her temper. Gohan, however, rescues him and takes him to some fountain park. There, the man introduces himself as Hoi, and asks Gohan to help him open a music box which has imprisoned Tapion, a hero from the South Galaxy. Gohan and Videl try in vain to open it and hence start to find the Dragon Balls to wish Shenron himself to open it. Due to this, Tapion was released and Hoi started behaving differently, which clearly caught the eye of Videl. Later, that day, a huge monster (the lower part of Hirudegarn), starts destroying the city. When Gohan and Videl come to know about this, they quickly commission themselves in order to save the city. Here they find a monster nearly twenty stories high, threatening the entire city. Gohan and Videl start fighting with the monster and Gohan is forced to unleash his Unlocked Potential form, to fight with the monster. He defeats the monster with relative ease, when he finds that it's vulnerable the moment after it attacks. The monster vanishes out of nowhere and Videl quickly catches some movement in the top of the building. Gohan determines that as Hoi and comes to know that he was the man behind all these series of events. Later, Videl is shown fighting the fully-developed Hirudegarn, which defeats her with little effort.
- Manga and Anime
Unlike other fighters, who have a balanced mix of physical and energy-based techniques, Videl uses only pure physical attacks. According to Gohan, she had already surpassed her father even before she began learning to use ki. Though she is capable of using basic Ki Blasts after Gohan trained her, she has little control over them. Her fighting style is to wait for her opponent to attack, and then use their own strength against them in a dodge or counter, playing on their momentum.
Despite being powerful by humans standards, and possessing some degree of enhanced strength relative to normal people, like her father, Videl has not trained to the degree of the Z Warriors, and is not even near Krillin, Yamcha or Master Roshi's level (all three of which are entirely human). As proof of this, Videl cannot tolerate high-speed flight, and a single bullet is capable of inflicting heavy damage, if not lethal, depending on the area shot.
- Video games
In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, during the Fusion Reborn story, Gohan believes Videl to be strong enough to aid him in battle against Cui and Salza, without any worry that she may be hurt.
In the Budokai Tenkaichi video game series, Videl's ki Blasts fizzle out over short distances and, when charged, merely fly around in random directions.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Videl's ability to use Ki Blast is better, as she can fire standard ki blasts, chargeable ki blasts, and is capable of performing the Energy Barrage techniques, Consecutive Energy Blast as a Super Skill and Full Power Energy Blast Volley as an Ultimate Skill.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Videl is shown to be finally capable of firing an Energy Wave, in the form of a Full Power Energy Wave which appears as one of her Ultimate Skills in her Natade Village Traditional Costume 1 Skillset. However despite this newfound ability as well as her ability to fire standard ki blasts, she is one of the few characters in Xenoverse 2 who cannot perform a Charged Ki Blast (a new gameplay mechanic in Xenoverse 2 that lets characters fire chargeable ki blasts), indicating her ki manipulation abilities are still far from perfect in Xenoverse 2.
In Dragon Ball Fusions, Videl (as Great Saiyaman 2) is capable of performing powerful ki based techniques originally used by her daughter Pan, such as Maiden Burst and Maiden Blast.
Techniques and special abilities Edit
- Flight – The power to levitate and fly with the use of ki. Taught to her by Gohan after she blackmailed him in to teaching her to fly.
- Afterimage Technique - A movement technique where the user moves so fast they leave behind an afterimage of themself. Use by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as a Super Skill in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it is exclusive to Videl.
- Afterimage Strike – One of Videl's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and the Raging Blast series. Also used by her as Great Saiyaman 2.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of ki attack. Used in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, the Raging Blast series, and in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2. In Dragon Ball Fusions, Videl is classified as a Speed type which causes her basic Ki Blast to take the form of an Energy Wave fired straight forward. As a Speed type she is strong against Power types, but weaker against Technique types.
- Energy Shot - A chargeable Ki Blast Super Skill used by Videl in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Consecutive Energy Blast - An Energy Barrage technique used by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as a Super Skill in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley - A stronger Energy Barrage technique used by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as a Ultimate Skill in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Rolling Bullet - An Evasive Energy Barrage technique used by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as an Evasive Skill in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it is exclusive to her Great Saiyaman 2 persona.
- Full Power Energy Wave - A powerful energy wave technique fired from Videl's palm and by far Videl's strongest ki-based attacks which appears as one of her Ultimate Skills in her Natade Village Traditional Costume 1 Skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Videl Attack - Videl's signature attack in the Raging Blast Series.
- Volteks Aura – Videl creates a clear energy sphere that hits her opponent at close range. Videl once created a similar energy sphere while Gohan was teaching her how to manipulate ki. Named and used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Falcon Rush – A High Speed Rush used when she thought that the Great Saiyaman had kidnapped Chobi. It was named in the Budokai series, and is also one of her Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Head Scissors Rush – A rush attack used during Videl's fight against Gohan as Great Saiyaman when he tried to return Chobi to its parents. Named in the Raging Blast series.
- Desperado Rush – A rush attack used by Videl against Broly in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming. Named in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Raging Blast series.
- Diamond Throw – An attack used by Videl against Broly, where she throws a gem she had collected earlier to distract him. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- First Strike – The kick Videl used to break Spopovich's neck during the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. Named in the Raging Blast series.
- Hawk Arrow – One of Videl's rush techniques in the Budokai series. Great Saiyaman 2 also uses the technique under the name Justice Hawk.
- Hawk Charge - A variation of Hawk Arrow used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2. Videl delivers a charging elbow strike to the opponent then follows up the attack with a Ki-enhanced palm strike.
- Eagle Kick – One of Videl's techniques in the Budokai series. Also appears as one of her and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2's Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Dynamite Kick - Her father's signature rush technique which she apparently learned from her father. One of Videl's Super Skills in her 6th skillset (Videl "Pigtails" costume) in Xenoverse.
- Rolling Hercule Punch - Her father's Megaton class punching technique which she apparently learned from her father. One of Videl's Super Skills in her 6th skillset (Videl "Pigtails" costume) in Xenoverse.
- Miracle Knee! - Her father's signature evasive technique which she apparently learned from her father. One of Videl's Evasive Skills in her 6th skillset (Videl "Pigtails" costume) in Xenoverse.
- Meteor Crash - A rush technique and one of the Meteor Attacks used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Meteor Strike - A rush technique and one of the Meteor Attacks used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Kick-Slap – A rush attack used by Videl when she fought Spopovich in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Videl Rush – An attack used by Videl during her match against Spopovich in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. This attack is known as Justice Countdown when she uses it as Great Saiyaman 2. Named in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Raging Blast series.
- Justice Rush - One of Videl's rush strike Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 which is used by Videl and her Great Saiyaman 2 alter-ego. In the both games, her daughter Pan also uses the technique and she mentions her mother taught her the technique when performing it in the game.
- Justice Rush 2 – One of Videl's Blast 2 as Great Saiyaman 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Justice Combination - Videl and her alter-ego's Ultimate Skill rush strike in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Justice Judgment – A team attack used by Videl as Great Saiyaman 2 with Gohan as Great Saiyaman in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Videl's Close Call – A team attack where Gohan comes to save her. Used in the Budokai series. The side kick she uses to end this attack is the one she used against Spopovich.
- Justice Phoenix – Videl's ultimate attack as Great Saiyaman 2.
- Leopard Shoot – Videl kicks the opponent up in the air, then she punches and kicks them down, and finally Videl double punches her opponent in the back when he is down. Used in the Budokai series.
- Bear Blowthrough – Videl grabs her opponent, knee strikes and kicks them, and finally backflip kicks them up in the air. Used in the Budokai series.
- High Power Rush – A rush attack used in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Hi-Tension – One of Videl's Blast 1 in the first Budokai Tenkaichi game.
- Super Unyielding Spirit – One of Videl's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Slash Drop – A dash followed by a throw, used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Trick Move – Videl quickly maneuvers around her opponent and attacks. Used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Trick Shoot – Videl dives downward to land on her opponent. Used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Triple Crush – A powerful kick combo used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Kamehameha - A move that she can learn from Goku in Super Dragon Ball Z, she also uses it as great saiyawoman in Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X's kamehameha mode.
- Destructo Disc- A move that she can learn from Kurilin in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Energy Charge - A ki charging technique used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Full Power Charge - An advanced ki charging technique that charges ki faster than Energy Charge used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse.
- Justice Finishing Pose - The signature fighting pose of Great Saiyaman used by Videl in her Great Saiyaman 2 alter-ego. One of Great Saiyaman 2's Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Justice Finishing Pose 2 – One of Videl's Blast 1 as Great Saiyaman 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Super Guard - A defensive technique used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Super Back Jump - An evasive backward somersault technique used by Videl as an Evasive skill in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Super Front Jump - An evasive forward somersault technique used by Videl as an Evasive skill in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Speed Up - A movement technique that increases speed. One of Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Maiden Blast - An ki blast technique originally used by her daughter Pan. One of Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Maiden's Burst - A Explosive Wave technique originally used by her daughter Pan. One of Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Cheer - Support attack damage boost. One of Great Saiyaman 2's passive Skills in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Mood Maker - Team Ki Orbs +1 by order. One of Great Saiyaman 2's passive Skills in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Fusion - In Dragon Ball Fusions, Videl can perform several types of Fusion.
- EX-Fusion - By wearing a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance, Videl can fuse with her daughter Pan to create Pandel or as Great Saiyaman 2 she can fuse with Great Saiyaman to create Great Saiyaman 12.
- Five-Way Fusion - As a member of Tekka's Team (outside the main story), Videl can fuse with five other people to create an Ultra Fusion. If the fusion initiated by Videl (or Great Saiyaman 2) herself, the result with be a female Earthling Ultra Fusion.
Great Saiyagirl Edit
Great Saiyagirl, also known as Great Saiyaman No. 2 (グレートサイヤマン２号, Gurēto Saiyaman 2-Gō), is Videl's superhero alias. After Kid Buu's defeat, Videl began using a similar costume to fight criminals. Her very first appearance as the Great Saiyaman No. 2 is near the end of Dragon Ball Z, in the episode "Celebrations with Majin Buu", where she and Gohan attempt to stop a robbery. Videl also appears as Great Saiyawoman in Wrath of the Dragon and in Dragon Ball GT.
Keep in mind that this version doesn't appear in the manga, most likely as Videl stated that Gohan's poses suck
Video game appearances Edit
Videl appears during the ending sequence of Goku and Mr. Satan in the arcade game Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle. She also appears in cut scenes in Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu.
Videl has been a playable character in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi, Super Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team, the Raging Blast series, and Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden. She is playable in her base form with her Great Saiyawoman costume and moveset as a transformation in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, as well as Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers, Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, and Dragon Ball Fusions with Great Saiyawoman as a different character (her super attacks as Great Saiyawoman are the same as Videl, just with 'Justice' names instead. Her ultimates are not the same). In Budokai 3, if the ki blast button is pressed, Videl does not shoot ki blasts but will kick her opponent (the ki blast button can be held for Videl to charge up her kick). She is also playable in the arcade game Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale.
Videl is playable in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury for only one fight. She also appears in Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors, Dragon Ball GT: Transformation, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, and Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden. but not as a playable character. Videl also appears in the arcade game Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact.
She is also playable in Dragon Ball Xenoverse, with her Great Saiyaman 2 clothes, her Natade Village clothes from Broly: The Second Coming, and her Buu Saga clothes as alternate outfits. She is also capable of using basic Ki Blasts, chargeable Ki Blasts, and Energy Barragetechniques such as Consecutive Energy Blast and Full Power Energy Blast Volley. She can even use some of her father's techniques such as Dynamite Kick, Rolling Hercule Punch, and Miracle Knee!. Her World Tournament hairstyle also appears as a custom hair option for female Saiyans and Earthlings. Her Tournament Training outfit also appears as a clothing option under the name Videl's Clothes (which interestingly can be worn by both males and females). In the sequel she is capable of using Full Power Energy Wave in her Natade Village Traditional Costume 1 skillset. In addition to her pigtails outfit (High School T-Shirt), Natade Village Costumes 1 & 2, and her Tournament Outfit (Training T-Shirt) from Xenoverse, her "Fight" shirt appears in Xenoverse 2 as alternate costume skillset under the name Fight T-Shirt (interestingly Videl wore the Fight T-Shirt in cutscenes following Kid Buu's defeat in Xenoverse). Unlike in Xenoverse, Videl's alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 acts as a separate playable character from Videl and is no longer just an alternate costume skillset for Videl. Though she her ki control is depicted as being far better in Xenoverse 2, Videl/Great Saiyaman 2 is incapable of firing Charged Ki Blasts (and thus she lacks a default Ki Blast Type entirely). Additionally, Pan will also state that her mother taught her the Justice Rush when performing the skill. In both Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2, she and Gohan train the each game's respective Future Warrior (custom protagonist) together as a team, making them unique among the selectable masters in both games. Interestingly, despite training them as a team, most of the skills they teach are actually Videl's (with the exception of Gohan's Ki Blast Cannon skill in Xenoverse). In Xenoverse 2, all the skills taught by Gohan & Videl are Videl's skills.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, her pigtails hairstyle appears as Custom Hair Option Type 28 for female Saiyans and Earthlings. If the Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2) is an Earthling, they will start the game investigating the Time Rift anomaly around Satan House and will spot Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyaman 2 practicing their poses. After Gohan performs his Justice Pose he tells Videl to pose, but she is reluctant to due to her finding it embarrassing and pointless, though Great Saiyaman manages to convince her to pose which she nails first try according to Gohan. She also finds that posing felt pretty good and becomes more enthusiastic about posing. The Future Warrior can return later and join Jaco, Saiyaman 1, & Saiyaman 2 in defending Earth from evil. Videl's Fight T-Shirt appears as a clothing option under the name Videl T-Shirt while her High School T-Shirt appears as a clothing option under the name Orange Star High School T-Shirt both of which can be worn regardless of gender or race. Videl's Clothes also return as an obtainable outfit. Videl's version of the Great Saiyaman Suit appears when the suit and Great Saiyaman Helmet are worn by female characters (Earthling, Saiyan, and Majin). The description of the Great Saiyaman Helmet refers to the helmet worn by Videl as Design 2 and states that Design 2 is "for girls". Additionally Videl has special dialog with Future Gohan in which Future Gohan asks who she is, with Videl responding by asking if he is Gohan. Great Saiyaman 2 also has special dialog in which she asks if he is Gohan while him responding that he is but states he doesn't know her. Both of Future Gohan's reactions indicating that he has likely never encountered either Videl, Great Saiyaman 2, or Future Videl. Mr. Satan will wonder about the fate of her counterpart from the alternate Future timeline, if the Warrior speaks to him while training under Future Gohan as part of the Masters Pack DLC.
In Dragon Ball Fusions, both Videl and Great Saiyaman 2 appear as separate playable characters. In this game Videl can use EX-Fusion to fuse with her daughter Pan to create Pandel, while her Great Saiyaman 2 incarnation can fuse with Great Saiyaman to create Great Saiyaman 12.
Voice actresses Edit
- Japanese dub: Megumi Toyoguchi (kid/preteen); Yūko Minaguchi, Shino Kakinuma (Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods special edition, and Dragon Ball Kai)
- Ocean Group dub: Moneca Stori
- FUNimation dub: Kari Wahlgren (preteen, most media); Kara Edwards (most media); Susan Huber (Dragon Ball GT); Brina Palencia (Super Dragon Ball Z)
- Blue Water dub: Jennifer Holder
- English Bang Zoom! dub: Erika Harlacher
- Latin American dub: Carola Vázquez, Monica Manjarrez (DBZ ep. 200 only)
- Filipino & Visayan dubs: Filipina Pamintuan
- Italian dub: Cinzia Massironi, Federica De Bortoli
- Portuguese dub: Fernanda Figueiredo (DBZ), Joana Castro (Dragon Ball Super)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Melissa Garcia
- Spanish dub: Mercedes Hoyos
- German dub: Anna Carlsson
- Hungarian dub: Anita Böhm
- Catalan dub: Eva Lluch (Dragon Ball Z); Rosa Guillén (Dragon Ball GT)
- Polish dub: Monika Kwiatkowska
- Albanian dub: Anisa Dervishi
- French Dub: Brigitte Lecordier (most media), Annabelle Roux (episodes 203 to 213 of DBZ), Jennifer Fauveau(Dragon Ball Z Kai onwards)
Major Battles Edit
- Videl vs. Cell Jr
- Videl vs. Perfect Cell
- Videl vs. Cell (Super Perfect Cell)
- Videl vs. Criminals
- Videl vs. Gohan (Great Saiyaman) (Anime only)
- Videl vs. Spopovich
- Videl vs. Super Buu
- Videl vs. Broly (Super Saiyan)
- Videl, Gohan (Great Saiyaman), and Mr. Satan vs. Zombies
- Videl and Gohan vs. Hirudegarn (First Form)
- Her name is an anagram of "devil"; since her father's original Japanese name is Mr. Satan.
- Videl's car, seen in the introduction, has "666" written on the side of it, in further relation to the Satanic references (her name being an anagram for "Devil" and her father's professional name being Mr. Satan).
- In the episode "Blackmail", both Gohan and Bulma referred to her as Videl Satan, however, in the Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, Akira Toriyama states that "Mr. Satan" is actually a ringname for her father.
- During the World Martial Arts Tournament, when the spectators are shown cheering in episode 216, there is a sign nearby saying "Bidel" with a "B" . In later episodes, another sign is shown saying "Beedel".
- In the 1990s edition of the Spanish manga, her name is written as "Biddle".
- Videl and her mother-in-law Chi-Chi have a couple of things in common with each other. Both are powerful martial artists (though not as strong as their Saiyan husbands or children) who have fought in the World Tournament, and at some point both were raised by their wealthy fathers and their mothers never appears in the manga and anime series.
- Videl has the distinction of being the first World Martial Arts Tournament Junior Division champion. This makes her the only known female Martial Arts Champion of any tournament (or division).
- Videl's hobby is being an ally of justice.
- Videl's favorite food is okonomi-yaki and caesar salad.
- Videl's favorite vehicle is air bike.
- Despite her and her father's names, being based off Satanic traits, the two are quite heroic and love justice, which was a factor that lead Videl to heaven during the Buu Saga filler.
- Both Goten and Videl share the same voice actresses in the English dub by Funimation and the French dub.
- While her fate is unknown in Future Trunks's timeline (not counting Dragon Ball Super, in which she was erased by Future Zen-Oh or killed by Goku Black, Future Zamasu, or Fused Zamasu), in Xenoverse 2 if the Future Warrior's mentor is Future Gohan, and they talk to Mr. Satan, he asks what is the deal with him and Future Videl in that timeline.
- Videl's new haircut and pale skin color are similar to Fasha.
- Videl is born in Age 756 (according to the manga) and Age 757 according to Super Perfect Guide for the anime).
- Videl is one year older than Gohan in the manga, meaning that she was at least 18 years old in her debut (and already a legal adult at that time) and 28 at the end of the original story, but is the same age as him in the anime.
- It should be noted however that Gohan is physically one year older than he should be due to spending a year training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber thus they would both be physically the same age even in the manga due to the time differential allowing Gohan to leap ahead in age by one year. Thus the anime would be accurate based on their physical ages and may have even taken that fact into account.
- Videl being born in the anime Age 757 rather than the original manga Age 756.
- Videl and Gohan are the physically same age.
- Videl and Gohan from age 4 years through preteen age 10-11 years old into 17-18 years old teenagers.
- Her father, Mr. Satan is the Martial Artist and her mother, Miguel is the Singer.
See also Edit
- Videl (Collectibles)
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 216, "A Dark and Secret Power"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, 2009
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 200, "Gohan Goes to High School"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Saikyō Jump #6, 2014
- ↑ Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale, 2011
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 1.09.00 Update DLC
- ↑ Daizenshuu 7
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: All Instructor Reactions to Gohan. youtube (January 30, 2017).